A big thank you to Lisa from Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind for the Liebster Award! I remember seeing this award a year or two ago and thinking how deadly it’d be to have someone praise your blog with a super cool award like this. I must have attracted it my way with all my positive thinking 😛
So, here’s what I have to do…
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award Presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
11 Random Facts about me
- I prefer to sleep with the curtains open.
- I usually have a few books on the go at the same time.
- I don’t have television channels in my home.
- I start my mornings by giving gratitude and spending about five minutes in silence.
- I love the ocean, sunshine, cupcakes and belly laughs.
- I teach a Positive Living group once a week.
- I started this blog because I was feeling depressed over a man and I got the idea after watching Julie & Julia.
- I still have my blankie (which was once my grandma’s house coat).
- I’m half-Greek, half-Irish, and three-quarters mad.
- I was reading before I started school and I wanted to write so badly that I used to fill copy books with squiggles.
- For years, I had my little brother believe that his dolls and teddy bears could talk. They each had their own personalities. His favourites were two Glo Worms called Scrumptious and Snuggles. They were really bold.
My questions to answer:
- Why did you start blogging? Oops, I already answered this in Random Fact number seven.
- Would you consider yourself a writer? Yes. It’s been a part of me since before I could actually write. Check out my blog on this: Being a writer (and being the only one who knows it)
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? A lot of what I’m doing now (writing, teaching, alternative health) but getting loadsa cash for it 😉
- What type of music do you like? Anything that makes me feel the musician’s passion.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? It’s probably more often lust-at-first-sight but yeah, it can happen.
- Who do you love, and why? Ooh Lisa, I’ll have no secrets left! I love my family and friends and the people in The Lifeflow Centre.
- What is your most favourite thing to do? I’m not kidding when I say writing but also being in nature and having a bit of craic with friends (just to clarify, I’m Irish not a drug addict).
- What morals do you live your life by? Be present, enjoy life, do your best, share with others your joy and/or whatever will help them.
- Whats your favourite movie? The most recent one I fell in love with was Untouchable.
- What is your favourite quote? “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~ Wayne Dyer
Questions for my nominees:
- What makes you laugh?
- What are you passionate about?
- Why did you start this blog?
- Who inspires you?
- Where’s your favourite place in the world?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- What good TV series would you recommend? (Okay, I’m being selfish now.)
- What’s one of your favourite words?
- Tell me something about one of your firsts (first kiss, first time you fell in love, first holiday…)
- Tell me a joke.
- What are you going to do with your award?
And now *drum roll please*, the Liebster Award goes to…
Okay, two things: some of the above may well have more than 200 followers but because I am a follower, I can’t seem to find how many others there are… And I really need to start checking out more new blogs. I’ll put that down as a goal for March.
Thanks for reading, thanks for following, and thanks again to Lisa! You’ve just rocked my Friday night!