Do you ever feel so bad about yourself that you can’t fathom that great things could happen? You don’t believe in yourself. You forget all the good that you do.
You close yourself off to all the love that surrounds you. You compare yourself unfavourably to others and see everyone else as confident, successful, flourishing…
You focus on the negatives. You spot rejection, failure and disappointment in every comment, action and imagination.
You push loved ones away then hate yourself more for doing so. For self-destructively banishing what you crave: love, care and affection.
They try to love you. They offer you acceptance. But deep down, you’re never going to measure up or be worthy of their naive loving of you.
You shut down the love. You silence the laughter. You dare not believe in your potential. It frightens you.
You sob. You cry. You let go. You open up. You let him in.
A smile breaks through. You can’t help but laugh. He’s so good.
He sees the best in you. You want to be that person. And one day, as you sip on a coffee in the afterglow of his presence, you realise that you are.
You are that bouncing, brave, beautiful person that he admires. But you block yourself.
You think thoughts and you believe them. You identify with the bad.
You stop dancing. You don’t feel the music. You forget who you are. You exist but you cease living.
While the real you simmers patiently beneath. Always there. Waiting for you to shake off the shackles and rejoin the dance.
Ready to roar in perfection. And smile and love and shine. And be free.
He loves you because finally you remember that you love you. You just don’t believe it.
Image: Author’s Own
Posted in Love, Personal development, Poetry, Positive Thinking, Random, Spirituality
Tagged acceptance, belief, beliefs, blocks, confidence, creativity, dance, depression, disappointment, emotions, existance, failure, faith, fear, feelings, focus, freedom, goodness, happiness, higher self, hope, hopelessness, inner soul, insights, letting go, life, life coaching, living, love, mindfulness, music, negative thinking, opening up, patience, personal development, personal growth, poetry, potential, presence, realisations, relationships, romance, sadness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, self-hatred, self-love, soul, source, spirit, spirituality, strength, talent, thoughts, trust, unblocking, unconditional love, vulnerability, writing
Last night, a Facebook friend shared Doreen Virtue’s post about how the full moon and lunar eclipse is the perfect time to release anything toxic or completed from our lives.
I’m ready to release everything that is no longer serving me well. I release:
- Anxiety about an imagined future.
- Fear of rejection. Fear of not being accepted, wanted, liked or loved.
- Old patterns, fear-based and limiting beliefs, negative thoughts, judgements and attachments, and any stagnation and resistance that have been blocking or damaging me.
- Harmful habits, behaviours and relationships.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- Trauma, hurt, grief, sadness, shock, disappointment and anger.
I’m willing to release:
- Any barriers that I’ve constructed. Now that I’ve dismantled these barriers, peace, happiness and love are flowing freely.
- Shame. I am enough. I am loveable. I am worthy.
- Fear of failure and fear of success.
- Unhealthy needs and desires. I am now present to my wholeness and perfection.
I happily release:
- Worry that I’m lacking in anything and I accept abundance into my life.
- Codependency, control and guilt from my interactions with others.
- Preconceived assumptions or historical perceptions about people, places and things. I am present, open and loving to them as they are, now.
Finally, I release myself from the grip of my ego. I observe it with interest and humour as it plays out. I learn from it and so I evolve.
What are you willing to release? As Doreen Virtue says: “Trust that when you close one door, a better one opens.”
Posted in Health, Personal development, Positive Thinking
Tagged abundance, acceptance, allowing, anger, anxiety, assumptions, attitude, barriers, behaviour, beliefs, blockages, blocks, change, codependency, control, desire, disappointment, divinity, doreen virtue, ego, energy, evolution, facebook, failure, fear, fear-based beliefs, flow, freedom, friendship, full moon, future, god, grief, growth, guilt, habits, happiness, history, humour, hurt, interest, lack, learning, letting go, life, limiting beliefs, living, love, lunar eclipse, need, negative thinking, negative thoughts, negativity, new, now, old, openness, pain, patterns, peace, people, perception, perfection, positivity, preconceptions, present, rejection, relationships, release, resistance, sadness, self-worth, shame, shock, success, suffering, toxic relationships, trauma, universe, whole, worry, worth